Friday, November 26, 2010

When should you give in to your man?

 

When should you give in to your man?



image
When should a woman sleep with a man? Whenever the man wants to, I say (and so did every other man I asked!). For guys, it’s all about being like Mr Big of  Sex And The City. His approach was summed up in three words: Wine. Dine. Bed (sleep), and coated in oodles of charm that softened what the cynic might describe as the meat market barter system. The women were not so uni-dimensional in their responses. Far from it. They gave me various ‘afters’. ‘After brushing my teeth.’ ‘After a Brazilian wax.’ I discovered that clearly the days of ‘when you know you are going to spend the rest of your life together’ were left behind. In fact, with the traditional purpose of sex having taken a backseat, I concluded that a good way to refer to the act is ‘unprocreate’.
New Age mantras mantra
1:Just as I was patting myself on the back, I came across a woman who refused to fit into my world of unprocreation. She declared that you should sleep with a man when you want to make a baby. Heavens! That sounded like crusty tradition. But no, it turned out that her situation was entirely un-clich̩d. She was single, her body clock was ticking and she wanted to be a mother. So she requested her best friend Рwho was, conveniently, a man Рto sleep with her. That was probably the most New Age-world answer.
2: The next woman I met on my quest was beautiful, intelligent, artistic and caring. She moved me. But her answer shook me. She was looking for exactly the same qualities in a sleeping partner that she herself had. No man, she was convinced, had them. So she had gone and found her match in a woman. Therefore, it was clear, for her, the right time to sleep with a man was: Never.
3: After that, nothing surprised me anymore. When an advertising professional told me that she was only interested in a, well, ‘bed buddy’, I simply shrugged blasé. She didn’t have to worry about the other party getting all mushy and commitment-needy. Even in my daze, I did register that this type of woman was good news for men. A good buddy to have, from a man’s perspective? Professor Henry Higgins might have thought so. After all, in My Fair Lady, he asked, ‘Why can’t a woman be more like a man?’ But I fear it can lead to a role reversal. Am I just a onenight-stand? Will she respect me in the morning? Am I even a man anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment